lørdag den 17. februar 2018

MC.NARNAUL / NAWALGATH JOURNEY 2018 no.2

Here in Narnaul the flower wreath was eaten by some sacred cows


2 feb. / Now my Rajasthan journey begins
Delhi – Narnaul 190 km.


To escape the chaotic morning traffic, I had agreed with Tony from MC. the workshop that we had to drove at 7:30 from the hotel. He will then guide me out of Delhi to the main road towards the city of Narnaul. The 2 young hotel staff were sleeping in the foyer and in the dining room. They were not much to give me some breakfast. According to their printet menu, breakfast was served from 7:00, but now it was moved to 7:30. I found some nescafe and put the pressure cooker in motion.





Narnaul I remember as a boring city, from my first Rajasthan Journey 2011. A city you just pass through without a stop. But I had to rest here. My body has to gets used to the locked position you're in when you're on a motorcycle. 5-6 hours especially when you choose to drive on less uneven roads. Left foot is used to tilt up and down on the gear and the right foot must be ready to tilt forward to brake. H. hand is always used to rotate the handle of the accelerator so that it is in constant tension, which also affects your shoulders. With hand, I pull the coupling when the foot is to change gear.

I took some photos of the whole family and asked them to write their address in my little logbook. In this way, I have the opportunity to send them print of the photos I have taken. Some of them may not have a picture of themselves at all.







This family proudly showed me the remains of their family pride. It was in a rather overdue state.






I communicated a little with this 101 year old blind woman and her son who lovingly cares for her.



sweetmeats

After 10 km. driving from Narnaul to the city of Nawalgarh I am in the desert state of Rajasthan.

Brickfabric

I choose to stop at the same brickfabric I was on my MC.Rajasthan journey 2011, where I got some exciting photos of the entire burning process. The brickfabric then seemed much bigger. This time they did not do the actual burning process. A few photos came out of the visit as well as a chai and a small talk with the manager.








  
Decorated Cities

Some stretches on these smaller roads were very gated, uneven and certain stretches also very sandy. I managed to get stuck in the sand with my heavy MC, where it got 20 cm. down in the loose sand. The wheel speeded around. Fortunately, I got help and very powerful push got rme out of the sand. 




When I finally reach Nawalgarh which is the first of the decorated Haveli cities I plan to visit before driving to Narasyan Niwas Castle Hotel in the small town of Mahansat. I have booked 3 nights, for in peace and quiet as well in a extraordinary surroundings, to get started with ordering photos and writing my blog.




My Iphone, which I used as GPS via GoogleMap to orientate me on the smaller road, was now dead. So it was perfectly fine that while I walked around and photographed, I got a small store to charge my Iphone. Because it was a bit unavoidable when I was to find the Castle Hotel in a small village that was not on my card.



  

The decorated buildings were created in the 18th and 19th century by rich Marvari merchants. It is especially the high 4 floors haveli's merchants let build. Whole dynasties were in competition to invent the most beautiful, most artfully decorated home. There were not so many of them in this town. In the city of Mandawa that I visited in 2011 there are incredible many of these 4 floors haveli's total painted stories told, both exterior and inside.



Driving in the dark here in India can be a nightmare

I did not reach to see the city of Dundlodh. Time had passed from me and if I had to reach 'Narasyan Niwas Castle Hotel' before it got dark. Experience from former India travel's I fear to drive in the dark. Some drivers do not have light on and others use highlights so you get completely blinded and therefore have to stop because you can not see where to drive and if there is road work at the same time, it can be a nightmare.



Fortunately, I am in a state with very little traffic on both cars and trucks. I arrived just before the sun went down and was welcomed by a drummer who sat right at the castle gate. It was not me he gave a salute, but in honor of the prominent wedding d.6 Feb. It should take place in the castle environment. 700 people were invited to the wedding party.


Bjarne v.H.H.Solberg 
Billedkunstner & Scenograf
BvHHS1@email.DK
www.BvHHS.com
+45 30230036   





AUM



Ingen kommentarer: