torsdag den 21. april 2016

MC.VIETNAM / THIEN CAM / XUAN AN / DIEM DIEN JOURNEY no.7


March 23 / Further to an attractive beach
Phu Viet – Thien Cam  Beach 175 km.

Again a little heavy gray misty morning.

There is no hotel staff I can ask if they could just give me a push to get started MC. 

Out by the main road, is a side descent to a house. The descent is steep enough, so I'll have enough speed and force on the MC turn on in one gear.

I've decided to drive to town Thien Cam, which I on the map can see, must have an attractive beach, as the city on the map is marked with a beach umbrella.

After 30 kilometers, I made a stop kept in a medium sized city Dong Hoi. I find a large electronics store where I can make payments so my iPhone again, can get on the Internet and GPS. I also buy extra time to my computer.

This morning and yesterday, I've had problems with the throttle. In between MC as its noise into hell when it was in neutral, without that I could do anything. After having bought some fruit and bread, the throttle suddenly completely resolved. It has no more hold of the wire connected to the engine.

 


So I have to push the motorbike to the nearest workshop about 300 m. I'm lucky, they have a new plastic casing pipe lying loosely within the outer throttle. It keeps the wire that regulate how fast MC can run. It went quickly to change and cost me $3. Again I was lucky that I found myself in a city with a large workshop which had a throttle in stock that suited my Honda.


After a couple of hours in the blazing sun I decide to run right out to sea, a place where the season is certainly packed with bathers, but now there was absolutely deserted. There are still a part cafe stalls are open in the hope that there will be simple customers like me. After a swim, I enjoy the juice from a fresh coconut.





Tap a photo, and you see all the photos in large size


Thien Cam Beach consists of a dozen big hotel blocks there seems abandoned

I drive away from Highway 1 toward the coastal town Thien Cam, hoping to find a beautiful hotel close to the beach. Here on the open road I could feel that the wind had been stronger, I had a hard time keeping the light MC. on the road. It's the first time today I feel a little stronger winds here in Vietnam.

When I finally reach out to The China Sea is o'clock 5 pm. and the sun has disappeared behind a gray cloud mass.






Thien Cam Beach consists of a dozen big hotel blocks that seems empty and abandoned, and some much overdue, so I think they might have gone bankrupt. I have arrived long before the bathing season. The seaside town is slowly waking up and getting ready for another bathing season. The last 2 days I have been running about 300 km. to the north. So it has become somewhat cooler.

I had otherwise been looking forward to a few more swims on my way back to Ha Long Bay and Hanoi.



 
On the beach, I can see that they are about to remove all that during the winter seasons are washed up on the beach.


Right down to the water's edge lies makeshift open u charming unaesthetic restaurants on the strip, with open kitchens with live seafood in the container. With a rocking gesture with there hand they try to make me stop and had a meal in their restaurant. But for a vegetarian and aesthetics, it does not exactly the place.


 
I find Sao Mai Hotel. I am the only guest and got the hotel suite. Lovely large, with big windows and good light but not the best view.

In the evening there is a bit more life in the restaurants at the water's edge, which has some groups of guests from the local area who are driven out here to get something to eat. Already at 8 pm. the beach town is black and deserted.


Next day it is hazy and only 18 c. I drive out to the small village, located right out to the estuary. It is not exactly swimming weather.

The next day my Hotel had a dinner party of about 100 persons. They arrived 4:30 pm ate and finished with karaoke at full speed. They sang with horrible voices that tried to sing along to the lyrics, but they had completely forgotten the tune.

The speakers were put on the highest level, so I found it hard to get some thoughts down on my computer. Fortunately, they stopped already at 6:30 pm. so now I can again hear the dogs barking when new guest comes and there are not many.





March 25 / Have decide to drive even though it looks gray and dangerously out
Thein Cam – Xuan An  85 km

It is again a foggy and misty morning. I pack MC and takes on even if my iPhone has alerted me with the message that it will rain all day. So I am well aware that I dare me out on a risky journey. But I did not want to find myself one day more in this visual foggy dreary gray amusement.

 




Fog rain was in few hours going to tropical rain. Before that I had been packing my boots in plastic bags, but my leather boots was already soaked.

After running 10 kilometers. with the rain pouring down in squares, I decided that I would stop at the first hotel I saw, even though I had planned to run 200 km. today and now had only covered 80 kilometers. But I could see the pitch-black clouds slowly approached.

I was lucky to see this hotel Hoang An, close to the river just a few kilometers after I had decided to stop driving for the day. The room is OK with a noisy overlooking the river. However, it is better overlooking the river with loud machinery on the river than overlooking the main road with noisy cars.


Noisy visual activity

Incredibly nice to undress my wet rain gear.

After a hot bath, I set myself up in bed with my computer in my lap, in front of the open window with views down to the river. I have to get written some more reports.



Motor noise flowing into my open window. They work hard the big machines 100 m. from my window. The cranes and grave cows picks up sand from barges and bulldozers loader sand further up on trucks.

It is only 13 c. outside. So to be able to afford me the luxury to have visibility to the outside world and feel the slightly cool breeze, I've taken my long underwear on. This is the first time I need them and an extra sweater and my leather jacket. When the windows are closed the room are completely fogged, so damp is the air in the room.


















March 26 / It was an long beautiful driving day
Xuan An – Diem Dien  300 km.

I woke up to the trucks and buldozernes noise down by the river, yet another gray day.

I took my thin wet gloves and soaked leather boots on, because I know that the best way to get gloves and boots dry quickly, the fresh wind when I drive MC.

Because I was afraid that it might rain tomorrow, I decided that I would drive at least 150 km today.



Here are the options for buying a bigger tree











It was a very beautiful and lush landscape, I drove through, so I hoped that I after running 150 km. I again find a hotel along the main road, overlooking the countryside. Unfortunately, I noticed not any hotel and ended up in the town of Diem Dien, after running for 9 hours and traveled 300 km.

My left knee is starting to complain about its locked position for so many hours and I still sometimes forget that when I slowed, I press up with v. Feet and not down. The opposite of what I am use to.

In Diem Dien a young guy show me to this hotel. From the outside it looks very nice and checked out.

Deceptive. The whole of this magnificent building contains 2 banquet halls. Hotel rooms or cells were located in a neighboring building. Where you have to past the back of the hotel and restaurant





 
To come to hotel rooms I was led through a horror of a large workable kitchen, out the back door on through the yard, past a lot of garbage and waste out of the back stairs to some rooms that looked more like cells with their godforsaken desolate and abandoned expressions in the bright neon lights. - Because there was a balcony right by my room, from which I could see a channel with old buildings on the other side, I took the room

I thought the time was now already 7 pm. so I did not have energy for much else than writing a little and sleep. Tomorrow morning I was able to explore the little town on the other side of the canal before I drove on.

This evening, I choose not to brush my teeth as the water coming down the sink run directly on the floor and I did not wanted to have to wear shoes for going on toilet. 









 

With my camera I interacted and observed

I got up early and went around and photographed the district which was facing the canal to my hotel room. You can look at the houses, it is the poor part of town.
























Some boys think now it's fun to follow in my footsteps. They are constantly trying to get my attention, which wearies one







As a small allotment houses each with its own small garden, they are groomed and ornate altar temples side by side




I makes me ready to drive on.  - I am looking forward in a few days, to experience Ha Long Bay, filled with its characteristic green verdant forest, like small islands jutting out of the sea and breaks the horizon.


A visual spiritual greeting

AUM  AUM  AUM

 Bjarne v.H.H.Solberg 







Ingen kommentarer: