mandag den 17. februar 2014

MC.INDIA / HAMPI JOURNEY 2014 no.3




 31.jan. 2014 Hampi


















I had far too little clothing on as I drove out to the holy market in Badami with Torben, so I got a cold right away. All day I had otherwise drive in the buff and big scarf and was therefore well protected from the strong winds. Now I got too much wind directly on my neck that had not yet been hardened by wind and weather. It's not so cool to be cold when you drive in the roadster .

I head towards Hampi without right wing mirror, it act as rear-view mirror of a car. It broke when I tried to adjust it a little better. It is very difficult to do without when you need to see if there are some behind, before making an overhaul and there are an incredible number of , as most trucks run only 60 km away. In the town of Hospet little before Hampi, I found luckily a Enfield workshop with spare parts, so I could get a new wing mirror what was impossible in Badami .

Just before Hampi, I was unlucky to hit a stopped tractor giant rear wheel with my MC . baggage system that extends quite far out. I slithered in the loose sand. When my speed was minimal, nothing happened to me, but the baggage system new welds that had been done to get it adapted to the newer model MC. ruptured. In Hampi, I found a motorbike. workshop to do stronger welds and better anchoring of this new model MC. in a more solid way .

Welds had also suffered some hardships during many days of driving, and at some very hollowed roads. My heavy baggage, have been thrown up and down hundreds of times , requiring something of luggage hanging.

Some youths tried to find ' Room with a View ' to me. In this small enclave of houses where all the houses are guest house, restaurants, shops or just have one or two rooms for rent in their house. I was lucky to get an OK room of peaks to a private residence. So I have my very own roof terrace. If I stand up, I can just look at some temples . But here where I sit is a lovely shade. The sun warms well.






A mountain landscape of huge granite blocks and temple ruins from the 1500s 

Hampi was the capital of Vijayanagar empire in ancient times from 1300 - century. The city's many temples and palaces designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There is a magic atmosphere of this mountain landscape of huge granite blocks and temple ruins from the 1500s who, like strewn across the landscape. It is a huge area with ruins.





In this photo you can see how the locals over time 
have use these colonnades to normal residential


I chose to walk along the colonnades the first night. They run directly from the master still active Virupaksha temple, located just off the small enclave of buildings where I live, a huge staircase mound that lead further up to the Vittala temple, perched on mountain plateau.















































On the way there, where I go alone, I see in the distance one middle-woman group different things off the ground, I do not know what it is, but guess me, it certainly is something she can get a little money too. She does not see me until I'm standing right at her. Left hand has picked up a small bank note of the pocket. Not because she was begging, but I can see that she needs. Usually I give only 10 rs. = 20 cent. However leaflet I gave her was 50 rs. When she astonished the note in her hand, woke up all the muscles in her hardened facial features, her eyes and face lit up in a brilliant big smile. She looked like had Brahman cast its light on her. This unexpected great smile, also got my mind to shine. So here at sunset met our souls in a redeeming smile. 

The next day I decided to use my motorbike. to visit all the other seeing ruins that lay scattered over a huge area.



Elephant stables

































In an atmosphere of 70s music, I enjoy a few days here in Hampi

This small tourist town was not visually charming, but is an incredibly peaceful spot. A place where you can find peace and therefore many of the new young hippies, have found it. My favorite cafe, morning noon and night, was the neighboring restaurant and guest house that had a lovely relaxed hippie atmosphere and constant 70's music, even Ravi Shankar came on once in a while. They served good food both Indian and European custom and they had WiFi so I could work a little on my blog and communicate little with the outside world.




I was hanging a little long in Hampi, as I wanted to have my first MC. India blog completed. At the same time I could on my card filled with markings in places that are worth visiting in south India see that there really were some cities in my driving radius as Hampi was worth settling down, more than a few days.

In my planning, I had actually assumed that I would be able to reach right down to the southern tip of India. After the first few days of driving, with some mountain driving, I found out that you not with the naked eye can judge distances on the card. This time it was impossible for me to decide on a particular route. One thing was clear after 5 days at the Indian Ocean, I had to enter the country to begin my real MC. journey on the road . The only thing that is quite clear is that I'm either on the way out or on the way back, has to past Coorg, where I will visit the house and the place where my Guru Swamiji Narayanananda was born and which has now become an ashram after his death. It is a visit I look forward to .

Here in South India , I can not find so many holy pilgrimage cities as in North India. This is the kind of Indian cities that have given me the greatest visual and human experiences .



Which route should I choose?

This time I have not necessarily been looking forward to this my 4 MC.India Journey. Do I really have the energy to once again meet this front attack of all the senses. The route is also not that easy to define, since I can not immediately see so many obvious cities, I think I could bear to dwell in and that are realistic to achieve pr. MC. I can also see that it is also a bit of a wellness trip when I on the way back will be, required to follow the shoreline and then it becomes more a bit of a tourist trip. It will probably be a bit of a nightmare in the heat, going through one coastal city after another. They are very close, almost like along the French Riviera. If I do not follow the shoreline I have to go up in the mountains and drive mountain roads.  

After Hampi , where do I have to go, I have not yet decided .

I think I have been visually satiated with India, it becomes visual repetition, I'm not really hungry enough for new impressions, I 'm full and may come to the point where I think I've seen it before, not so much surprise me more. I feel I have lost a little spirit or it is physical and mental energy I don't have in the moment. But from my previous trips, I know that suddenly you are again caugh in the unpredictable Indian spirit.







Chil Out Space



Over on the other side of the river there is a wonderful area. You get over in a small boat. The new young hippies, is perched on a mountain peak, between large boulders found an exotic place in nature to hang out. - Chil Out Place - where peace and quiet can immerse themselves in a spiritual state.


Fire wounds

In Mandrem, I had been unlucky enough to get too close to Enfieldens exhaust pipe and had acquired a burn of approx. 3x6 cm. on my right calf. Here 6 days after it began to pain in the wound and look right inflamed out. So I started to get nervous. Here in India you should probably be careful with open wounds. I figured it would heal itself as minor burns did before. I had no iodine in my First Aid Box. It should have been .

The older gentleman of my rental house, which also has a small shop with water and toilet paper and medicine for household use, made ​​sure that his son came and picked me up at . 18:30 in his tucktuck and we drove four kilometers. for medical consultation. I was amazed how few were waiting at the doctor. This is probably because the economy to postponing doctor visit. It took only 25 min. then he cleaned the wound with corrosive iodine and gavbe me two kinds of pills I have to take the next 4 days and ointment to the wound. It cost me 6 $. The son had waited and made ​​sure that I came back. The pain has already subsided here a day after .





It is this small type monkey who will do everything for food

Terrorizing monkeys

When I open my eyes for a little nap, with the windows and the room door open to the roof , I see to my surprise that my trash content and a plastic bag with some antique objects wrapped in newspaper, I had bought the lie scattered outside my door. I thought immediately that it can not possibly have been due to the draft that has caused this. It must have been one of those little who have ventured into my room.  

One hour after there are sitting a monkeys looking curious into my room while I shout loudly to scare the move not a mine , until I in a strong set of moving me toward the doorway, it disappears out of the room and beyond along the ridgeline

Later I am heading out to hang some clothes to dry. But there he sits just under the clothesline, I tried both with shouts and gestures, to chase him away, but it just shows its yellow pointy teeth, it is not going to leave, it continues to suck yogurt out a plastic bag. I give up, to drive him away and decides to wait to hang my clothes up to he has empty the plastic bag.

I have now closed the door just a little, otherwise there will be too hot in the room. I have also found my motorbike chain which is the only weapon I could use to drive them away . Best to have a short bamboo stick as the youth here use to chase the cheeky monkeys away with.

A little later while I am occupied by typing on the computer, I suddenly see him in my room again, with his arm buried deep in my hand bag and up fishing a bag containing a new hose to the MC. rear wheel which I just bought. I could easily get out of a puncture. I get up and grabs my motorbike chain, but it does not make it more frightened than that he still held on to the bag. I run after him on the ridge where it disappeared up on a thin tin roof, where I had no chance to pursue it.

I was a little upset that I had chased the monkey so far away. I should rather have let the him examine the bag and since it did not contain anything edible, he would only have dropped the bag. I needed to get my snake back when it took 2 days to get it delivered. So I tried to figure out where he had disappeared, after he had set off from the tin roof and then was out of my sight. I had to crawl up a little in these uncertain take. I got hold of the snake. Go that I have decided to continue my journey next morning.  

The young mechanic asked me actually somewhat predictable, though I had a locked box on my motorbike, which I do not have or nor need. He was afraid that some might steal the hose and it was there also .

A bit later, there is now a younger monkey in the doorway and only when I swing my iron chain and turn it against an iron railing he disappears along with some other monkeys out of my reach. It may be a small monkey band, now setting their sights on this corner of the village, to resettle in the house, I see the young man chase the monkeys away with his bamboo stick . Down in the street elevation stand the wife of the house also with a stick and shouting to me that I should close my door. Which I haven't done because it is both light and wind you have to live without.


AUM


Bjarne v.H.H.Solberg























Ingen kommentarer: