søndag den 23. februar 2014

MC.INDIA / BELU / COORG JOURNEY 2014 no.4


5. feb. Hampi -  Chritradurga 182 km.

Iphone / Internet / GPS / Google maps

I have enjoyed the tranquility and relaxed atmosphere here in Hampi . Now I'm back 'On the Road' to the more stressful life, outside of this little hippie tourist enclave. After only 20 km. I had to drive through the city of Hospet, where I was confronted with the same traffic density and the inferno of noise and traffic congestion, which from my previous MC.journey in North India.

It's a bit of a hell, to find the right road out, when you drive through the major cities. Most of the people can not read nor understand one's pronunciation of names of cities. With Iphone I have come out of this problem. If I am unsure whether I have chosen the right path, I stop and look at my Iphone, it shows exactly where I am. During my Indian phone subscription I got access to the internet, so I can use Google Maps GPS system. It works perfectly, once you've deciphered how the system works. The Iphone can hold approx. 4-5 hours when you turn on and turn it off. So my map are good because it provide an overview.  

Iphone, makes it much easier to choose alternative small roads. But I deliberately didn't do that, because the first part of this journey is mountain driving, where it is difficult to make alternative routes. I also realized that if I physics must withstand the rigors it is important that I, as far as possible, avoid choosing too long and strenuous driving days. Alternative small roads have to wait, it would be foolish to make the trip more strenuous than it is already. I would probably choose alternative routes, if I believed that I would find some special villages or temples. I'm missing some of the important intrinsic motivation .



The first 30 km. was pretty tiring as the road was only two tracks. With heavy traffic of large trucks and buses that constantly struggling to get ahead, overtake each other. The truck there can drive a little faster trying to overtake the front, which can take some time, since  is only run a little faster. I think they fill the trucks with too much weight, which requires more horsepower to move forward. A bus that runs a little faster try then to overtake the truck there just has overtaken the other truck etc. and in the opposite lane the same thing happens. This means for a clear path to overtake it can take some time. I on my MC. and cars try of course to get further ahead in the queue. Fortunately, I have the extra horsepower it takes to carry out a quick overhaul. Before performing overtaking it's important to check, that there is no truck from behind that will overtake at the same time. what happens sometimes. Therefore, I am glad that I chose the large Royal Enfield 500 cc . and not the smaller 350 cc .

At MC. it is not just nice to be between large smoky vehicles and it happens if you do not put yourself in the outer field and overtake. So I have to overtake quite often to avoid these situations. Fortunately, it is no great speed. It's only few days that a car had overtakes me even though I only run about 70-100 km. on a good road. When we are down to the gravel stopped or very bumpy roads is 30-50 km. Fortunately, I experience that here in South India they don't drive so stressed and aggressive as in North India.

I reached Chritradurga shortly after noon. Drove a little trip into town and then chose to continue writing on my blog. This was just an Indian city without much personality. My room faced directly onto the large highway. They had forgotten to tell me that there was a window that was missing. So I had the pleasure of noise from the highway all night. I happily use ear plugs because you never know if a mosque nearby begins to chant or dogs barking or staff are noisy early in the morning in front of your door. Fortunately, there are not so many of the medium-sized cities with free-running dog , as in North India.








The hot nights gave me a social realist nightmare and a beautiful spiritual dream

The hot nights sparked my subconscious. The first night in Hampi, I have a very strong social realistic nightmares where I woke up because I screamed : 'I will not help to kill for not to be killed'. I will not contribute to this inhuman cycle continues. I was the child who screamed there was ending in the this inhuman dilemma that if I didn't ​​help to kill some peopel, they would kill my parents, who were taken hostage. Unfortunately, I could not remember more details from the dream.

The last hot night in Hampi, I had a stunningly beautiful spiritual dream. - I become aware of my presence when I high -asleep said: 'It's you Bjarne' and I extend my hand to reach myself, standing in full Figure in front of my eyes, but transparent. Behind in perspective, I see 2 other transparent reincarnations of myself. I simulates carved colorful statues of gods as they pictured in the new Hindu temples. Before my hand reaches for my first reincarnation, dissolve it, and number two got forward and then my third reincarnation. I wake up and have to admit that these Gestalt entries of myself was incredibly real.


 






6. feb. Chritradurga – Belu 184 km.

The first 40 km. was on a wonderful new highway, so it was a pure delight, for there was plenty of room for traffic. But then it was really bumpy and the gravel and rocky roads. I would think that 1/3 part of the journey was on the potholed road so it took me some breaks. 5 ½ hrs. It was hard on MC. my ass and my back. 

I will determine the Hotel Mayura Velapuri on the main street that lead right up to the temple. I ordered a lovely room for 2 nights. In the evening I visit the Hoysala temple at the end of the main street. It was very spectacular with its very detailed and complex Hindu mason work. The next day was my plan visiting another temple town of Halebid lying 16 km. from Belu, who had a similar Hoysala Temple.





























7. feb. A symbolic magical day

At night, I thought about the amazing experience I had 1 year ago, when I was in India on my motorbike journey along the Ganga. On my birthday on the 7th of February I ended up in the holy city of Khajuraho. A young guy of 13 years, who wanted to show me the old part of town, he thought my birthday should be celebrated, so he involved his whole family. So the whole house with approx. 25 people sang the birthday song to me in English. I had paid for a giant floor cake, the father was ordered and ensured with lights and balloons. So it was a festive day with all the kids who tried to puncture the balloons.

Tomorrow it's my birthday. There should happen something special, this 'my symbolic magical day'. I decided to skip the visit of the temple town of Halebid and leave Belu early the next morning.


What could be more symbolic than on the day itself, to reach Sri Narayanananda Math Ashrama, to celebrate my spiritual day in the company of my guru', Swamiji Narayanananda 's 
(12 April 1902 – 26 February 1988) spiritual center.   

Most of the road was lovely winding mountain roads with spectacular lush scenery. The area Coorg where ashramanen are located. I reached the Kodagu district in the early afternoon and drove around the area, but no one I asked knew Kongana Village. 

It turned out that I had read S.Kodagu wrong, it should not be understood as State Kondagu but South Kodagu. Some helpful officers found through some contacts to where Kongana Village was. It was near the village Virapet.


I then drove on towards Virapet in the hope that it would lead me closer to Kongana Village. In Virapet, I got in contact with another Ashrama and they knew about Sri Narayanananda Math and Kongana Village, is was lying 20km. away. Unfortunately they had no phone to Biddus the head of the ashram.

It was now 18:00 so it was about time I found the place before it was dark. I was lucky to arrive at the ashram without running too many detours. 18:30 I stood in front of the half-open lattice gate to Sri Narayanananda Math. Inside the courtyard was coffee beans / or another kind of beans in straight rows. I cried out 'hello' as I walked around the house, it seemed very dead .


I went over to the neighbor's house. In the area in front of the house, there were a lot of young girls who graded these dark brown beans. A woman came up to me and I asked if Biddus were at home. No he was not, he was in Delhi, which he did already back in September last year. They now had the responsibility to look after the house.


This was a huge disappointment to discover that Sri Narayanananda Math, no more  was a concrete living and breathing place which of course I was hoping to meet .


Interest symbolic, I arrived at sunset. We all know that the sun will come again. But darkness fell slowly in my mind. I took a few quick pictures of Sri Narayanananda Math. In my mind I expected the place had been living in the same manner as swamijie 's thoughts all the years has been in my mind. The Yoga philosophy has over the years given me strength and inner balance and understanding of life ' unbearable lightness ' .


Now it was getting dark, so I had to quickly leave Sri Narayanananda Math. Since I was forced to find another place to rest my soul.





Darkness has descended

The last thing you feel like here in India, is driving in the dark which I 've tried a few times before. There was approx. 14 km. to the nearest town Gonikoppal where there might be a Lodge. Now it was really dark. The road was filled with holes and some places the half of the roads pave under cooked. The cars and motorbike. ran towards me with high beam on, so I could not see the road ahead of me. I had mostly to stop and wait until the car had passed. My low beam was gone , so I had only high beam. At the same time the road was so dusty, so when the beamlight hit the big dust clouds the trucks had created, it was quite impossible to navigate. Some vehicles had not any lights on. It is an ordeal to keep one's mind at rest. Take it just easy, you had to tell yourself while all your muscles in your body is tense.

I reached Gonikoppal in good standing, with help from Swamiji's good vibrations . What should have been a simple MC.journey of 160 km . ended up being having a hard time on the road10 ½ hrs. and a total of 280 kilometers.

The hotel had a room with a single bed, with its decay and half dirty simplicity came to resemble a cell. I could choose to eat my dinner at Coloumbian Bar and Restaturant that seemed very lively and more like a bar, so I decamped to put me up at the Silver Sky Restaurant to eat my birthday dinner. Here I sat with two other guests in the light from a simple light bulb in the ceiling. An emergency light. The local power went down temporarily. It was just like being under water and could faintly make out the surroundings.







This birthday, focused on my spiritual youth

It was a birthday where my thoughts and feelings focused on my early years I was very spiritual seekers. In 1968 I began already to do hatha yoga. In 1973 I got in Swamijie Nayananananda guidance trained Hatha yoga teacher. Unfortunately I had to personally give up , to go all the yoga path. I had to admit that I was not ready to give up all of life's sensual temptations.


Swami Narayanānanda (12 April 1902 – 26 February 1988) called his teachings "The Universal Religion," implying that they are dealing with Truth, irrespective of caste, creed, sex, nationality, race, etc. He gives guidance to spiritual seekers. He emphasizes the moral code of conduct as a basis for spiritual development, and puts particular stress on sexual sublimation implying – celibacy or (for married people and couples) moderation in sexual life, as a means to maintain and improve physical, mental and spiritual health. His works include among others the following subjects: philosophy, psychology, religion, spirituality, yoga, meditation and kundalini shakti (the primal power in man).


In 1971 he went for the first time to Denmark, because he got many disciples and continued to visit this country every year for 5–7 months until 1987. An ashrama (monastery) was established in Gylling, Denmark (Jutland, near Aarhus) which is the main centre today. Ashramas were also established in India, Sweden, Germany, Norway and the USA.

Life is in motion and things change, I can feel it here in India, where I again have put my old age and strength to the test. Now it's the third day in a row, I've been on driving and this last hard drive have done, that I can feel that I now is 69 years old.

My willpower I still have, but my sense is slowly taking its natural part of my personality. For willpower requires in addition to mentally also physical energy and the curve are slowly  going down. So I would do well if I use my head a little more.

My solitary confinement is very symbolic, so I must proceed to the next city Mysore and arrange for a double room, where there is more space for one's thoughts and feeling of not being lonely, but simply chose to be alone.









AUM

Bjarne v. H. H. Solberg



Ingen kommentarer: