tirsdag den 6. marts 2018

MC.UDAIPUR / BUNDI JOURNEY 2018 no.6

Residence is the house to the right

15 Feb. / My MC.Helmet had decided to change owner.
Jodhpur - Udaipur 290 km.

In the morning when I'm going to leave Guest House Cozy to drive to Udaipur, I can not find my helmet. It has disappeared or, like other things, it has changed its owner. I must have left it on my MC. and forgot to take it with me when I parked MC on this smaller parking dump in the evening.

I had planned to get out at 8:30. I had to skip that plan. I had to buy a new helmet. I found a few places where they sold a helmet but they would first open at 9:30. The shop owner first appeared at 10:00. I was not completely satisfied with the offer. I got a tip about an MC shop. They had only a few. From previous purchases of helmets here in India, I know that safety and control of helmets are not in the top. I got a good quality helmet for 15 $. My own type of Flip Up Helmet that was good at keeping the cold wind away from entering the actual helmet house costs at home from 200 $  and upwards.

This time I was allowed to drive quite a bit on The High Way. Tiring but necessary now that you want to go forward and do not spend too many hours on an MC.sadel that is slowly felt clearer and clearer. A right shoulder that is constantly in tension, to keep the throttle up to speed, missing a little break.


My Artist's Neighbor from the Atelier Houses in Copenhagen, Malene Bach has rented a Residence in Udaipur.

As I am on the outskirts of Udiapur, I contact Malene and the girlfriend Ljubisa. They will meet me outside the house she has rented as Residence. 

Fortunately, I had enough power on my Iphone, so via GPS I could easily zig-zag me through Udaipure over various bridges.

I come closer and closer to the area where I in 2011 found a wonderful Guest Houe Jheel. and had rented a room all the way to the waterfront and with a fantastic view.  

It's a bit of a coincidence that we have the opportunity to meet each other here in India. We were well aware that we had both planned to go to India and go to Rajasthan. As we celebrate New Year's Eve with the other Atelier bubbles, down by our little lake, we found that we will actually was going with the same aircraft on 29 Jan.2018. They fly from Delhi directly on to Udaipu, where they will be until 17 Feb. I am organizing my MC.Journey so I can visit them in Udaipur Feb 15th. It will give us a couple of days together.

Malene and Ljubisa have rented the whole house with four bedrooms, living rooms and a large studio. The house is on 4 floors with roof terrace in two levels, with the best views over Udaipur Lake. The sun's rays reflect in the white buildings on the opposite side and the elegant floating Lake Palace Hotel and the small floating temple shine beautifully in backlight. I understand that they call the city of eastern Venice.









The house owned by the Danish artist Anne Vilsbøll is restored and rented as a Artist in Residence. The view from the terrace is wonderfully beautiful and aesthetic. The neighboring houses and the whole back of this glossy image require a loving hand and another economic policy in India as a whole.




Tourism and restoration

Tourism helps the restoration of the city, but at the same time it happens that the poor had to move longer and further out of the city's center core and heart. Even in Copenhagen, the same slow replacement of residents has taken place as the rent has risen slowly. When I moved to the Vesterbro area around Enghave Square in 1998, a major replacement had already taken place. Alcoholics and drug addicts became fewer and fewer, they were pushed further and further out of the center. Vesterbro had became more and more a place for young and young families who are a little better off. 








  


Guest House 'Jheel'

Perhaps closer to reality


Dear friends here I meditate for open windows with direct views over the lake whose water surface is 9 m. Vertically down.

I can hear and see how the city slowly wakes and sounds slowly starts to signal to each other. The sun's rays reflect in the white buildings on the opposite side and the Lake Palace Hotel shines beautifully in backlight.





I moved from a sublime house with roof terrace and a sublime sunset behind the mountains in the distance. Here it goes down behind some houses before it collects its rays and adorns the more simple, not so elaborate but more dramatic red outfeet

The sun has just gone down behind the houses on the other side of the lake. It's the dusk when the light slowly disappears and goes into the cold spot. It's a very lyrical time. Unfortunately, there are some gods to be celebrated and often and often with miserable drums that flood over the water surface. These unusual sounds just like the energy sucks.

But that's not the big problem, you have slowly got used to the contrasts here. It was otherwise a quiet and peaceful walk I had through the block on the other side of the bridge that is close to my hotel.

When I was here in 2011, many women used to wash clothes and themselves on the other side. I think the city has banned this kind of hygiene in public since it is a very touristy area. I hardly think that's because they've got much better bathing facilities in their private homes. Nor does it owe that they have realized that the water is fairly contaminated.






A couple of years ago, Udaipur started working on a functioning refurbishment system, which helped.

Now the colored lamps that hang on the different buildings begin to light up. Fortunately, the very big light festivities have not yet taken place, which makes all of us aware and just become visual alarm and blends negatively with the sacred chaotic sound indications that we are present and praise you Brahman.

15 Feb. / Bundi
Udaipur- Chittorgarh 126 km / Chittorgarh – Bundi 166 km.

 







Bundi Palace








Jagdish Temple 







Wedding ceremonies that are luminous and umusical through all the market streets, one can experience a few of this season


The heavy noisy truck traffic is now led outside the city

I got into the Bundi off the main road that drive along the artificial holy lake Nawal Sagar I can see the 'Lake Veiw Paying Guest House' which I had rentet 2011. The main road has now been completely restored. Fortunately, the heavy truck traffic, with all the older noisy, shattering lorries has been referred to the new highway now passing outside the city.



In 2011 I was fortunate to find this unique Guest House. It was driven by an admirable gently cheeky smiling 80-year-old patriarch, along with his smiling, intelligent and whimsical wife who was 7 years younger. They had been married for 55 years and the house has the family owned




’Lake Veiw Paying Guest House’ is still unique despite the decay

I think about the family and this special Lake View, even though it was view through an insect wire mesh. I was excited if they were still alive. On the Internet I found them, but the page was idle.

They were still alive seven years later, still driving the place the same way. He immediately found the large document book to post me. I showed him where I was documented in the book back to 2011. In the documentary, all the guests who had lived at his Guest House were through the yearshe was in control. He also had a physical care worker who helped him when he needed.



I do not think they could remember I had been there before. I found my computer and showed them the photos I had taken back in 2011 of those who were posted on my blog with a review of their Guest House.








I chose Room No. 2 again on top. It was their most expensive room for 500 inhabitants. (10$.). Same price as then. But I must sadly find that there are still the same aesthetic and hygienic problems with the toilet

It was the same little green comb that I used to brush teeth in 2011. The first time I used the small sink it was all right. The next evening when I brushed my teeth and gurgled, toothpaste splashed gurgled straight down on my bare feet. The plastic tube under the sink was smoked. I found that it was only loose and that the hose could only be reached behind the toilet. In Jaisalmer I had been out of a sink without a drainage pipe, where I also gargle spit on my own feet. The sanitary conditions at the cheap 'Guest House' are not always hygienic and aesthetic according to our standard, but far above the standard of the poor Indians home.

A French couple left a room at the top like mine because the hot water was missing and that the toilet did not work. The cisterns on my toilet that were no longer attached to the wall and therefore were only kept in the air via the drain pipe to the toilet sink did not work and when it was full, You think when the collection breaks and the vapor is pouring out.
  


In India, each city has its distinctive character, how it affects one of our senses too powerful

I feel really lucky that I managed to find the perfect place to rest my soul in 2011. But when I came back after eating a nice dinner at a restaurant and visiting an internet cafe, my immediate joy turns into frustration.



As I step into my idyllic yogic balcony room, I got a bit of a shock. Out of the windows through the insect net on the other side of the lake, I saw the stripes of noisy trucks at several displaced levels. 

It may not be possible that this beautiful 'Guest House' actually has more noisy roads. Unfortunately, I can see the realities in my eyes and realize with the ears that my spiritual soul can not find peace.

Frustrated I creep under the robes, with the echo of sounding in my head that blends with my inner voice, telling me that I can not stop living one more night here. But at the same time, I almost do not think of the end, because this room is unique and I can find another one better. I'm getting tired just by the idea of ​​packing and finding another 'Guest House'. - Right now my body and soul are tired, really tired. -

The noisy trucks sound through my ear plugs, which I have used to sleep with. They help to stop strange sounds there are many of these in India like many other sense impressions.

Waking up after a very restless night, where my subconscious mind has worked under high pressure, to affect my easily sensible senses and minds.

My consciousness tells me that what I perceived yesterday as a big problem is just a small part of Bundi's personality. In Udaipur there were meditating and noisy unusual sounds that filled the ether. In Delhi there was a dog lamb that penetrated even the nipple and subconsciousness.

The sounds of the highway are just one of Bundi's many sensual scenery. Here in India you can not get it all. I have found a Guest House with a fantastic view and then I have to find me in the noise of the trucks.

Once I had recognized this reality and set my mind, it was only a few times that I noticed the sounds that I did not allow to capture my concentration, with its negative energies.

What I had before had perceived as two main roads in different levels, was two. as well as a long slope of road to another road running close to the lake. At the same time, the car mirrors in the lake helped me to see more active main roads.

Today, the main road has been completely restored and the heavy truck traffic, with all the elderly noisy, shattering lorries, has now been referred to the new highway now passing outside the city. So peace has crossed the temple lake.

















I was again locked on the roof terrace

One morning 2011 I was locked in on the terrace. The lattice door in front of the staircase leading down is locked with 3 padlocks. When I shout 'hello', the old woman helps me and shows me how she turns the locks into each other so the rhesus abe can open the gate.  

They have probably deliberately chosen to let it be up to us guests themselves to figure out the problem with the monkeys, because otherwise there are probably some who will not live there.

It seems that there is not so big problems now with the monekey. But one evening where I wanted to buy some water, I was locked in again.- I had to shout pretty long and pretty high before the wife showed up and unlock the door. I reminded the woman that the door should not be locked at night. If a fire occurs or otherwise, the door should not be locked. She kept saying that nothing happens, why did she need to lock us in at night. She promised not to luck

How long 'Lake Veiw Paying Guest House' will exist is hard to know. I was very happy to experience this positive couple again. When I settled for my stay, his son there was working in a bank, appeared because his father had got it worse. He has lung cancer and therefore has to go to the hospital. The old one told me how much I would pay. A little sad way to say goodbye to a positive reminder.

My meeting with Lake View Paying Restaurant  2011

In 2011 I was told that there  in the garden in front of the house was a restaurant where I could have breakfast.

I stand a bit disoriented in the garden and look for the restaurant. I have seen a sign where there is Park Restaurant when I parked my MC. I'm standing for a while looking around for a little searching.

Then suddenly 'out of now where' a smiling beautiful young woman in red talk to me. In fluent English, she proudly tells me they have a restaurant. She points to some closed wooden doors as she walks and unlocks. I look into a big room filled with stacked plastic furniture and a kind of kitchen. She also tells me that they live in the house right next door.




The man pops up and I ask him if I can get yogurt with fruit, honey and ginger tea. He took a simple table and placed it so I could enjoy the view over the lake and the beautiful morning sun. To the left of the lake there was a dried up corner where the holy cows grazed and the chirping birds spanked in a spring of running water coming up from the mountains.

Of course, he does not have different kinds of fresh fruit lying in the shed. He is probably in town to get these and maybe also fresh yogurt.

I enjoy this special treatment, but how can he live by a simple customer for breakfast, although it is not currently high season. The morning meal costs 10 kr. One of the other days I tried his food by ordering hot food for lunch. On the menu card there were incredibly many different dishes, so it is clear that he has to go to town every time a new customer orders a meal.


My meeting with Lake View Paying Restaurant again

 Tony who runs the restaurant together, his wife can remember me as well as which room I had lived in 2011. They have had the lease for 13 years from the older couple at the restaurant as well as some nice and cheap guest house rooms. "The older couple have now also given many of the more demanding administrative tasks to them.

So here 7 years after, I'm not the only one to have breakfast in the temple garden, but there was more than 10 pieces. The same applies throughout the day and evening. The food is predominant. Tony and Chetna are very proud and happy about the development.







 


Bundi is a bit of an adventure city
Bundi is a city of 105,000 inhabitants. where all just pass by at a dreamlike pace. Even the weather is more subdued and sometimes a little fog. I decide to go for a walk in the other part of the old towns and finally end at the winding road leading up to Fort Taragarh and Bundi Palace.





Bjarne v.H.H.Solberg
 

Artist & Scenographer
BvHHS@email.DK
www.BvHHS.com
+45 30230036


AUM














-->

Ingen kommentarer: