onsdag den 11. januar 2017

MC.MYANMAR / NYAUNG U / BAGAN / JOURNEY 2017 no.3


Jan. 26 / Temples, Pagodas and Stupas
Pakokku – Nyaung U/ Bagan 36 km.

The sun warms your soul psychologically and physically. Lovely rested and ready to take on my journey I got on my main companion in the future. I only need to drive 36 km. today, so it's a real sundayride. The wind this morning wonderfully fresh and the roads are again OK.

I reach the town of Nyaung U, which is 5 km. from Bagan area and I looked around to find a suitable hotel. Pretty soon I gave up to find the right place for low rent. So I decide rather quickly for Aung Mingalar Hotel to $ 48th They have rooms with terraces in front, where I can sit and relax or write on my blog.

I got quickly packed out because I want to quickly get out and experience this magical area and extra hint of past heyday.






















My camera strikes

My small handy digital camera that I on my MC.FotoJourney constantly stuck in my belt, so I quickly and with a hand that can get it out, so I can take a photo, refuses to act. The computer in the camera is incapacitated. Very annoying, but is no great disaster because I have taken my major digital camera, so I can still continue to photo document my journey. It is somewhat more difficult to have such a huge camera stuck in my belt. Now it is somewhat more time-consuming to get comrade forward and it can not be done with one hand more.

Fortunately, it was not the brain in my computer that put out of action. For 2 years ago on my MC.Indonesia Journey, I was out the computer quite often suddenly went down. When I got it on, it came slowly and suddenly turned it on again to go out. It did for a while.




















It was therefore only to be expected that it ever went completely dead. It did so a year ago. I got the hard drive replaced. On the packing slip from computer workshop they directly said that all the information I had was 'engineered'. It might say that all short circuits of information that was on my old hard drive now possible. have been transferred to the new one.

The computer began six months ago with some of the same bad habits. So I cross fingers that it does not go completely dead on this trip. My MacBook Pro I have now had with me on 4 MC.Journey's. So it just like me got some hard shake, even though I have it on my back in a small backpack.

Ananda Temple



All Pagodas and temples are oriented and positioned relative to the poles East-West-South-North. The main entrance is facing east and inside the pagoda you go left and follow thereby the sun's circle.




Bagan is an area of 50 km2 with 2,000 monuments

I've been looking forward to seeing this area with its fascinating temples, pagodas and stupas. Most of them are from the 11th and 13th century. Back then, Bagan capital of the First Burmese Empire. The long period has made that the temples, pagodas and tupaerne has changed shape and size. Bagan's heyday lasted until 1287, when the area fell into the hands of the Mongols. The following year the area was a religious and cultural center that attracted monks as far away as from as India and Sri Lanka.

Thatbyinnyu Temple 




Bagan lukket zone for hurtige MC.

Zach, the young American MC dealer advised me not to drive into the Bagan area because it was forbidden. He had been out for one of his clients had been stopped by police and had been fined.

I was staying in Nyaung U and saw that many were driving around on rented automatic electric scooter and many without a license, I could see. I therefore took the chance to use my motorbike because I could not see the big difference in my small motorbike and electric scooters. Only later I learned that it was because they had a sufficiently low maximum speed. Whereas I could speeding through on my motorbike.

I should perhaps just have let my motorbike rest for a while and instead rented one of the small electric scooter. On the bikecycle it had been something more strenuous through all the loose sand.

Htilominio















































The great temples was located in Old Bagan area

With the help from Eyewitness travel guide books fine pictures of the temples, I could see that almost all the de19 main temples which were mentioned in the guide, was within Old Bagan area or slightly beyond. I reached the next to see them all over the 2 days, I had planned to find myself in Nyaung U. It was a little hectic, I should probably have wagered on a day extra.

It requires time visually, to consume as many impressions both mentally and physically even for me who has become trained in this. So I try with this blog from Bagan not heaping you with all the temples, pagodas and stupas I have photographed. I have chosen photo I like best gives an impression of the lost visual majesty of the time.

Gubyaukgyi Temple






Pagodas are freestanding temples

Pagoda is the European designation on the freestanding temples in India and China, in contrast to the Indian cave temples. The pagoda, which was created by Buddhism is dome-shaped monuments, intended to contain relics of the Buddha and other saints, or just memories of an event in a life of Buddha. In the older Buddhist pagodas architecture can occur both as independent buildings and altars. Later developed the Indian Buddhism the actual pagoda whose shapes are very changeable, but has a more or less tower-like character.



Stupas are monuments for storing relics

Stupa, Buddhist monument for storing relics, often with hemispherical, bell- or cone shape. Originally stupas burial of the Buddha and his disciples remains. Later, the stupa contain discarded monk costumes, begging bowls or holy scriptures, ie Objects related to Buddhism

Sulamani Temple 




















Shewesandaw Pagoda


Active tourism

There was of course no time to relax on the terrace. In the daytime I was out and take photos of temples. At night I did not want to sit outside and especially not with mosquitoes. So evenings are passed in arranging photo.

Shwezigon Pagoda




MC.Honda work perfectly

Honda MC is easy to handle, since it is not so heavy. It is easy to keep balance in the loose sand, because it is so low. It starts all the time simply by pressing the start button, not as I was last on my MC.Vietnam Journey, where I often had to use the kick starter and when it failed, would I try to run it again or find a slope. The last few days I have stopped and started at least 100 times, so it is great that the starter works every time.






Gawdawpalin Temple






Myanmar massage that goes in depth

I have decided already after the first run days, to loosen my muscles, so as to preventing the worst tensions.


My daily Yoga exercises are important because they ensure that I get stretched my muscles, get started in the circuit and takes the top of the mental and physical stress factor that naturally occurs when moving through the countryside in a certain speed on a vulnerable MC.

I found a place where I could get Myanmar massage. I was asked to take all my clothes off and take large loose baggy pants on.

It was a very young masseuse. He started to wash and massage my feet while I lie on my stomach and listening to the subdued tones. He worked then my calf muscles. He pushed his ten finger sharply into the calf muscles and with rhythmic movements, they found my rheumatism. The fingers worked their way up my legs as another living being. I had to concentrate on not scream of pain while I in the background faintly hear tones from my youth: 'Are you lonesome tonight' by Elvis Presley.- It is no strong pain more sensual one pain condition that you voluntarily chose to indulge. In the same way as those who have had tattoos, completely voluntarily indulges tattooist. You devotes yourself to experience the redemption that is afterwards, when you can feel a lightness in the body and the tattooed can admire its new visual I.

Now is the thigh muscles he strongly processes not only with his fingers, but also with forearms and elbows, which like a steamroller working slowly down my strained thigh muscles. I find it hard not to give a sound from me. My back is treated in the same way cash, ten finger rakes in the spine. Arm muscles is kneaded and pulled through the tube. But he seems not immediately that my legs have had enough. When I again lies on my stomach, he stands directly in bare feet, on my calf muscles. With feet and its weight, he manipulates my calf muscles and thighs. Painful but effective. He joins the entire session by taking some chiropractic tag on me.

This cash Myanmar Massage is not something that actually makes you come back for the direct of pleasure's sake, but more if you have tension in your body you want to stop using.

The European massage tradition is a little gentler and therefore more relaxing and comfortable compared to this cash to the bone massage. But they have like us, probably hundreds of different massage variations.












Bjarne v.H.H.Solberg 

Billedkunstner & Scenograf
BvHHS@email.DK
www.BvHHS.com
+45 30230036
























Ingen kommentarer: