torsdag den 17. marts 2016

MC.VIETNAM / PHU YEN / MAI CHAU JOURNEY 2016 no.2



28 Feb. / MC.Vietnam Journey has started
Hanoi - Phu Yen 170 km.

10:30 am I am ready to start. My first destination is the town of Phu Yen west of Hanoi.

The sun shines through the gray morning mist 20c. Warm, so I can just keep warm driving when the wind easily goes to the marrow. I had calculated that it was part warmer at this time of year. So this time I had chosen to have my thin leather jacket with me. I have a thin long-sleeved wool sweater, vest in net fabric with stain on the back and arms, a cowboy shirt and then again one wool sweater. The leather jacket and a big woolen scarf and my thin gloves. My leather pants were thick enough to keep the wind out.

It was great to get out of the gray mass of und inspiring visual ordinary noise which I immediately saw in Hanoi. I had difficulty finding the special visual elements, the extra ordinary, it breaks with the norm. Something I wanted to capture with my camera.

I'm probably been some expectations after having been 4 MC India travel where I constantly come into the extremely visual exotic and eccentric alien images, filled with stories and more rewarding to pass on.

Hanoi is not quite so easy to leave, it comes to getting out on the right road. After a little detour I find the right path. Traffic is fortunately not as close as I had feared. There are actually incredibly little traffic when coming away from the center. So after 20 kilometers. drive I have come out of Hanoi and now there are really space on the udemærkede road with few holes. Reaches Phu Yen pm. 16:00

 
I quickly find a hotel that is simple and classic in its visual expression







I enjoy my drive through the valleys of rice fields there still have the brownish color and the characteristic Vietnam small topped mountain peaks in the horizon. The farmers are in full swing so In a few weeks, the small green rice sprout optimistic and the green color will dominate totally. The more south I drive its larger and more green are the rice fields.

 





Right next to the hotel, located a few recycling sorting places

Next morning in Phu Yen I choose to get the speedometer to work as it is psychologically nice to know how much is left and how fast I run. However, some km. stone sometimes telling how far it is to some of the largest cities. There is no entry sign to tell the name of the city.

Light has also been trouble, so I also choose to get a new battery, so I avoid going dead for power in the future.







Adjacent into a kind of sacred political exalted ceremony

I have decided not to stop too many times along the way, not to make the first driving day long and more strenuous than necessary.

In the mountains I discover an Vietnamese ceremony. I stopped to take some photos. Immediately you are the center, what was not really the idea. But I am the guest, they all now showing attention. I can see the whole ceremony is in honor of the person on the photo there is placed on a kind of altar. Is it a political awards ceremony honoring him or is he the leader of a religious direction.

I'm being told that it probably is the annual death day celebration, a significant person in the area. So political important people are thus adored as small symbolic gods. A confusion of emotions and rationality that create social cohesion.

I gave, in respect for the exalted person, a gave some Vietnamese dong. Maybe I'll cash settlement for my efforts. I play the lottery.














Cemeteries and graves are sculptural installations

You've probably noticed that I at all my motorbike reports photographed cemeteries and graves. As a sculptor I am very fascinated by cemeteries that in a very sculptural and symbolic visual way, gives an insight into the general human cultural history.

The major political and religious leaders have historically taken care of, leaving a large and distinctive sculpted funerary monuments and historical buildings, which visually has influenced people's symbolic and visual culture.

Therefore, I was very uplifted when I encounter the first Vietnamese Buddhist tombs, where the visual language was quite new and exciting for me. Many of the Buddhist excavations were also out in the rice fields.

Some families buried their heads of families in the midst of their rice field as it means happiness and fertility.













March 1 / Forward of the mountain roads
Phu Yen- Mai Chau 160 km.

The sun is back up after a few days of overcast skies. So it's perfect to drive on.

I pass through the most beautiful landscapes. The mountain roads are perfectly OK with few holes and incredibly little traffic. You feel a little like 'The Loney rider on the road'.

 






After 50 km. driving should I cross a river to get on

I reach Mai Chau 16:00. But it is not quite easy to find the accommodation that I had chosen via Lonely Planet, 'Mai Chau Nature Lodge' (place). It is a few kilometers beyond some paddy field between some orchards from the city itself. Eventually I got local help.




I spent the night in a beautiful bamboo hut overlooking a small lake.

In this area, it was important to use mosquito nets and insect repellent against mosquito. I was well dressed at night, when it was still cold and the bamboo hut was well leaking. The evening was all site visitors welcomed to barbecue. They made sure that there were some vegetables, so I could attend. Slightly relaxed socializing and dinner.

The town of Mai Chau was boring. But I enjoyed the rice fields and my terrace where I could sit and write, although it was overcast.








Loving Thoughts

Bjarne v.H.H.Solberg








Ingen kommentarer: