søndag den 27. marts 2011

MC.INDIA/BUNDI JOURNEY 2011 no.7


I've been here 3 days and will miss this beautiful poetic city, which is constantly buzzing with meditative sounds, and my quiet simple visual peaceful yoga temple. AUM


13 feb. UDAIPUR - BUNDI 335 km.

8:00 I'm sitting alone again in my 'Guest House' wonderful rooftop restaurant and enjoy the morning sun's heat rays and sees how Udaipur slowly waking. There is not much life this morning as it is Sunday. The other mornings at this time, it has been mostly schoolchildren who have crossed the bridge. The reason is probably that many in this part of town living from tourism.

I've found that most restaurants have yogurt, curd on Indian, and some also have fruit salad on their menu. If they do not have fruit salad, then I supplement with purchased fruit, apple, banana and oranges, I have peeled and cut into small pieces. Absolutely wonderful it is if they have a little liquid honey, I can pour on top.


I've run 110 km. and penetrates again for a break. I order a chapati and chai. A young man shows how it should be served properly. As usual, my card is studied thoroughly.



Forward of the smaller roads

Again, I have been running some detours, which wear ones resources, but I am still on track. Therefore I do not react immediately when a café owner in a small village Grenoli, about 60 km. before Bundi, shout if I do not want chai. Sitting on my MC, I was stopped near his cafe to take some photos of the village.

I had now been traveling for 7 hours. so my need to reach the goal was getting stronger and stronger. Therefore I hesitated a bit before I decided to take the opportunity offered, for I know that there easily go ½ - 1 tim. again before I am on the road again. - Bundi must wait.

I rise my stiff leg of the MC and get it up on the stand, taking the helmet and go and greet nodding to all the other café guests. The cafe may be the city's gathering place for men. As usual, they all stare at me very curiously.

Euro-Asia map

Smaller map over my journey.

I'm getting my chai and a seat. I show them my card with my route, so they can see what city I come from and what city I need to. At the same time I show them a map of the whole of Rajasthan, so they can see what cities I've visited and what I need to visit. In my log book I have also a map of Euro-Asia, which might give them an idea of ​​how India is placed on the world map in relation to Denmark where I come from.

It's a good feeling to know where I am located in the universe, now that I do not know exactly where this little village is located on my 'Google map of this locality.

I do not know how much they really understand my explanation in English and whether they can read and understand the map I show them. But their smiles, I can understand that they like my story, my gestures and probably think it's perfectly fine that I have ended up in their village and enjoying a glass of chai with them.


The Village Grenoli

I decide to take photo of everyone at this cafe. I got an address of the only person who can speak a little bit of English. I tell him I'm to this address will send copies of the photos I took.

Bundi pop 88.000

18:00 I reach the Bundi, after 9 hours of travel and 75 km. extra driving. I quickly find the area of Bundi where I have selected some Guest House.

When I arrived the area, I bump into an English couple at my age, I've talked with in Jodhpur. They refer me to Kasera Paradise is a newly renovated Guest House, where you from some of the rooms can see Bundi Palace. A little too expensive and not so simple tastefully decorated as my yogic room in Udaipur.

I therefore sought further and found this little dilapidated, but amazingly original old family house 'Lake veiw Paying Guest House' located just outside the old city gate.

I begged him not to look so serious.

It is a wonderful welcoming roguish smiling 80 year old patriarch, who operates this 'Guest House ' along with his quirky smile and wayward wife. They have been married for 55 years and the house the family has owned for more than 150 years.

Siesta on the terrace

There home


The son live also in the house with his wife and child. He works in banking in another city and is only home on weekends.

The garden is just down to the artificial lake Nawal Sagar. One of their expensive rooms 500 inr. (12$) appeal to me much, even if the toilets had its aesthetic and hygienic deficiencies. Both rooms also had a meditation plateau overlooking the lake, but this time only by looking through an insect mesh. Just outside my door from the roof terrace, I can see the palace, built into the rock wall.


Veiw over the Lake
Veiw to the Fort and Palace


I feel very lucky that I again has managed to find the ideal place where I can rest my soul. But when I came back after eating a wonderful dinner at a restaurant and visited an internet cafe, my initial joy turned to frustration.

When I enter into my idyllic yogic balcony room, I got a bit of a shock. Out of the windows through insect screen on the other side of the lake, I see lighting from the headlights pass from rattling and noisy trucks in two staggered levels.

It can not be possible that this wonderful "Guest House" actually has two noisy highways, as a neighbor. Unfortunately I have to face reality and with my ears I recognize that, my spiritual soul cann't find peace.

Frustrated, I creep down under quilts, with echoes of sounding in my head that interferes with my inner voice there tells me that here I can not bear to stay one night more. But orcs I almost did not think the idea to completion, this space is quite unique and I can find another better. I get tired just at the thought of having to pack up and find another 'Guest House'. - Right now my body and mind is tired, really tired. -

The noisy truck sounds penetrate my earplugs, which I'm used to sleeping with, as it is possible to meet unfamiliar sounds that would otherwise easily awaken me. Extraneous sounds are plentiful here in India, like many other sensory impressions. This time it is not barking dogs that affect me, but engine noise.

Wakes up after a very restless night, where I think my subconscious has worked tirelessly to influence my impressionable senses and mind.

My mind tells me that what I yesterday perceived as a major problem, just a small part of the town of Bundi's personality. In Udaipur, it was meditating and noisy music sounds that filled the airwaves. In Delhi, it was barking dogs there got into one's hearing nails and subconscious.

The sounds from the highway is just one of Bundi's many sensual scenes.

When I had recognized this reality, it was only a few times I noticed the trucksounds, which I again not gave the opportunity to catch my concentration, with its negative energies.

The night before what I had seen as two highways at different levels, was only one. It was headlights reflection in the lake, I had perceived as the extra highway.


Ardha-Matsyendrasana / Backbone-Turning I can now again perform


14 Feb. - Blocked dexterity is loosened after 11 years.

11 years ago, I was struck by a car door when I quietly drove on my bike in Copenhagen, with a big bag with books on the back and a big bag of fruit and vegetables on the handlebars.

I fell very unfortunate. I got a concussion in addition, a minor brain haemorrhage and lost my sense of smell completely, by the fierce battles in mind.

After that crash, I lost a little of my dexterity, so I thought since it has been difficult to perform to one of the side my spine rotation / Ardha-Matsyendrasana to reach down under my right foot with my left hand.

But actually I managed during this India trip, reaching down with my left hand under my right foot. It's wonderful to see that not all physical needs, going the wrong way. Maybe it's some psychological tension in the body I have slowly released.

During my morning meditation mixes lovely birds twitter with the highway noise. In Udaipur it was the rhythmic beats of laundry. In Jodhpur airwaves were filled with the sound vibrations that sounded like the universal mantra AUM. In Jaisalmer, it was the sound of a generator that gave meditation rhythmic background sound.


’It’s because of the monkey’.

I enjoy the early morning sun and the sight of gray monkeys / lyme cats with black head with their pups in balance around a building nearby, when I am hanging laundry outside on the terrace.

When I was sitting on my meditation mattress in front of the window, I saw some of lyme cats climbing the building cornices. One pass right past me on the ledge just below my open window, however, protected by insect net. I said 'hello', it look quietly back at me.

Now I need some breakfast. I open the door onto the terrace and is just about to open the insect net door when I saw one of the half great rhesus monkey similar to baboons, stopping only 2 m. from the door. Its gaze is fixed on me, on the large hanging balls I can see that it is a young male monkey. We stare intensely at each other, a real testosterone jousting going on, then he turns around fast and jumps up on the balcony balustrade and grabs one of my jerseys I've just hung out to dry.

I push with a swift movement, the net doors up and jump after the monkey, who luckily escape my jersey, because of my rapid response.

It was pure déjà-vu moments I experienced. For 1 / 2 years ago I had namely seen a movie on TV channel Animal Planet from a town in India where rhesus monkeys were besieged and effectively controlled the city. If they didn't received food, they stole so instead residents laundry, just like the young monkey tried to do.

The 'Guest House' couple had the night before told me I could just go through their combined office, living room and bedroom, if I would directly into their garden to the restaurant.

Their large lattice gate in front of their apartment are closed, so I rattle around with the gate. The old man came over and open lattice doors and say, 'It's because of the monkey'.

Another morning I'm effectively locked on the patio. Lattice front door stairs lead down is locked with 3 padlocks. When I yell 'hello', the old woman came to help me and show me how she turns the locks so they can get through the chain without a key. Again to ensure that the monkeys do not come in and terrorize their apartment.

They probably have quite deliberately chosen to leave it up to us visitors, to find out the problem with the monkeys, because otherwise there are certainly some who will not stay here.


Park Restaurant

I had to go through their living room / bedroom. The wife was still asleep while I struggle with the big iron bar I have to removed from the iron door to the stone stairs that lead directly into the garden, so I do not have to go all the way around the house.

I am a little disoriented in the garden. Where is the restaurant. I've even seen a sign that says Park Restaurant, when I parked my MC. I stood for a while and looked around searching.

Then suddenly 'out of nowhere' a smiling, beautiful young woman in a red sari meet me. In fluent English, she tells me proudly that they have a restaurant. She is pointing at some closed wooden doors, as she goes and locks up. I'm looking into a room filled with stacked plastic furniture and a kind of cuisine. She tells me also that they live in the house just next door.

I enjoyed the physical presence of a pretty young woman in sari. In three weeks I have always only had to relate to men and older women. My enjoyment of intimacy from the opposite sex was unfortunately brief. The man showed up and unfortunately took the whole dialogue and then I was again back in the more cash male-dominated universe. She was only here to keep me as a customer until her husband came.

I repeated back what I had told her that I would like yogurt with fruit, honey and ginger tea. He took a single table and chair forward and placed it so I could enjoy the view over the lake and the beautiful morning sunshine. To the right of the lake there was a parched corner where the sacred cows grazed and the chirping birds strutted into a source of running water that came down from the mountains.

Of course he does not have different kinds of fresh fruit lying in the shed. He has to get out in the city to obtain these and perhaps also fresh yogurt.


It takes some time before he came back with a nice big portion of yoghurt with pieces of banana, apple and pineapple. I got my ginger tea and a little honey and can only admire his fine cutlery anxious where I can freely choose my size spoon.


I enjoy this preferential treatment. How can he live by one client for breakfast, although it is currently not high season. Morning meal costs 1 1/2 $. 'Guest House' was not completely filled. I had however seen some other guests who stayed in the rooms beside the restaurant.

One of the other days I would try his culinary artistry, by ordering hot food for lunch. On the menu there were so many different dishes, so it's clear that he is in town every time a customer orders a meal.

Caterer has every time his dog, which keeps the monkeys away. Sometimes it has also kept watch on the 'Guest House' roof terrace during my stay. Bundi is the first city where I see people keep dogs as guards and pets, so they look much healthier.


Down in town, I experience this small territory battle between some rhesus monkeys and a watchdog.


The town opens up for one - like in a fairy tale - and in this fairy tale their live two princesses




The local Doctor + 'Come Sad Go Glad'
This is his sparse medicine stock.

Takes photos of this young woman with her ​​children and her mother. Unfortunately she can not write his name and address. I will try to send copies of these photos to the 'Guest House' where I live. They know her perhaps or know someone who knows her.


15 Feb. - Everything in Bundi pass into a dream-like pace

Bundi is a bit of a fairytale city where everything just passing by in a dreamlike pace. Even the weather is more subdued and sometimes a little misty. I decide to go for a walk, in the second part of the old town center and ends at the end of the winding road that lead up to the fort Taragarh and Bundi Palace.

The time is 17:30 so dusk is slowly starting to appear. At the same time, like a disset neutral density filter across the sky. I decide anyway to watch this exciting but very dilapidated Fort and Palace, although the daylight is fading and will close in half an hour.

As you can see from the photos, there are plenty of rhesus monkeys that populate the fort and palace. It is incredibly overdue and they are only slowly begun to restore it. There is a guard who follow us up on the various floors, as different gates and doors must be opened and closed for the monkeys.


Everything is very dilapidated and the sand stones have so many beautiful different shades. It is pure aesthetic maturity, equal to my taste.


Unfortunately it is very difficult to see the exciting space details and the adventurous story-telling murals, as there is no light at all in the Palace.


Rhesus monkeys have taken over the top two floors of the palace, says the guard to us, therefore we can not come up higher. Unfortunately I have only seen a part of the entire Fort Taragarh.


On my way out of palace gate I see how the monkeys slowly come farther and farther up the road to the fort and palace. Now the dusk turn up and then it's the monkeys there takes over the entire area now when the tourists and the guards are gone.


Fine - but also intrusive children

Equally beautiful and welcoming children can be when standing and curious coming in a meeting, just so annoying, intrusive and demanding, they can be when you move through their neighborhood,

They shout at one 'photo','photo' 'take a photo' 'whats your name'. They will not stop until you take a photo of them or answer them on their various issues.

If you show your good will and take a few photo their pops up once more kids there also want their few minutes in focus. They then have to see the result on the camera. Most of this type arranged photos of the kids will not be very successful, so every time it requires surplus to meet them.

Many times they also go hand and demands money because I've taken a photo of them. It happens in big cities where they have probably learned it from the gypsies, who always demand money if you want to take a photo of them.

When only a few, I usually have the energy to take some photos. After 3 weeks of travel, I do not have so much energy to face this game. Therefore I try mostly avoid taking photos and to answer all their questions. They will mostly also press your hand.

In Udaipur there was a man who was pretty much beside himself there concrete and tangible would press my hand. It shuddered when I felt his clammy wet hands in mine, for what kind of water had it been dipped in. There is just no place where you can go in and wash your hands here in the old town.

So after this episode, I welcome now in the Hindu way, with my hands clasped in front of my chest, when someone extends their hand towards me to greet. This greeting I use also towards the children.

Today was it a little difficult for me to get past a group of boys who had eagerly followed me and tried to get me convinced to take photos or answer their questions. Smiling and nodding, I tried to get out of the huddle, but it did not seem to be enough for them. Their grip on me became more aggressive and threatening, so I had to use force to free myself. I've been a little too dismissive to them, so they felt within their rights to mop me, they were many, I was a stranger and different.


Here in Bundi, I noticed several loose pigs than in any of the other cities I've visited. They are like the sacred cows, the barking dogs, the aggressive monkeys allowed to look after themselves. - There are some there directly provide food to some animals and otherwise there are the various waste piles.



Waste problem is a very visible problem.

The logic of the Indian cities visible waste problem as a tourist not easy to grasp.

When I am in Delhi sat with MC shop and need a plastic mug of chai while I waited, swept the youngest of assistants in front of MC shop with a rice gag, all the waste together in the small alley, so there was quite clean.

He had not been completely finished before one of the other employee just dropped his plastic cup where he now sat. To me it seems completely absurd. Although I glanced automatically after a small bucket or else I could throw my used plastic cups in, I'm programmed to that. But there was no place that was meant to waste.

As a tourist you always had some waste. You end up just throwing it where others all ready had thrown some garbage, slowly you adapts their waste culture, it is called assimilation.

I chatted with my friend Saleem in Bikaner on this for me illogical handling with their waste.

Logically enough, he replied that if one store had a mug so would everyone else trying to use it and who would pay and make sure it get empty. So everyone is trying, so far as is possible to bypass the waste. But the tradition is that every morning they again clean in front of their own house.

Many companies in Denmark has a lock on their dumpster, to avoid someone else using it.

India is by no means a well-regulated country. This applies in all social aspects, so why should there not also be a little chaos in the renovation. Who is going to pay for this service, this is particularly true in big cities.

In smaller cities such as Udaipur and Bundi , there are containers in various parts of the city where the locals can get rid of their waste.

In most of the small villages I have driven through, there is no waste. In a small village where I was running away from the road and took the small roads between the houses, there were neighbors wives who together sweept the little street with their rice gagged.

Of course, one might wonder as a tourist, that the Indians have such a casual way to this for us importen visual aesthetic waste and smell problem. For the Indian people, there are many other more vital issues to think about, such as work, finances and the sanitary conditions of the diseases.

Waste problem is only the visible and stinking proof of a society which is not altogether healthy. Think of the community's problems dealing with waste in Naples. The problem of waste is a visible proof of the political conditions in Italy


As I wrote earlier, I lose my sense of smell 11 years ago, so I've probably avoided many stinky and unpleasant experiences here on my India trip but also all the positive life-affirming scents.

India is a country that really sharpens all your senses to the extreme.

It is the third time today, a procession of relatives Hindus, to the rhythms of drums, carrying the corpse of a deceased past this 'Guest House', to a cremation place by the river, somewhere outside of town.


Throughout the day, drive these special cars around Bundi and trying with their loud speaker to come through with a message I would think most are commercial offering.

When I first used the small basin was it perfectly OK. The next night when I brushed my teeth and gurgled, splashed toothpaste gargle straight down at my bare feet. Plastic pipe under the sink was gone by and only just was able to reach behind the toilet. In Jaisalmer, I was out for a sink without a drain pipe, where I also got to gargle spit on my own feet. The sanitary conditions on the cheap 'Guest House', is not always hygienic and aesthetic according to our standard, but they are certainly far above the standards of the poor Indians home.

I came across these Hara Krisna monks just outside the city, they was going to the city center to play and sing their famous Krishna mantra: "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare. Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.’


This size tin bowl seems to be a widely used tool because it can accurately accommodate what a fully grown person can fill, lift and carry. The main thing is that this process can be repeated indefinitely. Quite a meditative act.

During my journey, I've seen plenty of female roadworks and women who participate in various types of construction work. They always work wearing their sari and some with veiled face. You become a little surprised when you're cruising on the highway and see a beautiful young woman with majestic movements coming at you on the road, in her colorful sari with a tin bowl of sand on her head, which reflect the sunlight, then empty the contents in a hole in the road.
I've seen very few excavators and large construction equipment on this journey. I actually think that they take advantage of the cheap human labor resource. It is perhaps a social way to help the very poor and unskilled. It is not much that can grow in this desert country, so agriculture is therefore not a work many people can live of in Rajasthan.


16 Feb. Internet Café

After a lovely dinner at a restaurant I had found an internet cafe which used the Google Chrome as a browser, with it's much quicker and easier to transfer photos to my www.BvHHS.BlogSpot.com since it is also a google product.

It was a young Muslim who had this Internet Cafe, it was more check and not so expensive. At 9 pm. he asked how long I intended to stay, I replied to 10 pm. I could see that he was not crazy about that. While I sat and licensed photographs, he sat still and repeated the Koran with low chanting voice that hour.

When I got home I discovered that I had forgotten my USB stick and my glasses on the internet cafe and also forgot my log book and my pencil on a roof restaurant.

Until today I had otherwise a good reason to be proud of myself. I have only once before, on this trip forgotten something. A huge step forward. - It was just in the start where I left my backpack with all my money, passport etc. as well as computer and mobile phone. I forgot it under the counter at the leather maker who made some straps for my safety vest in Delhi. This situation I didn't want to experience again.

I went into town again and got my log book again, probably the most important. My other stuff I got the day after in the internet cafe. This blunder I repeated with again to let the USB plug be in their computer. They closed real early. The neighbouring shop could tell me that they already opened at 8 am. the next day.

After breakfast 8 am. in the Park restaurant, I drove past internetcafé 8:30. That it was open so early, I had not expected, probably because it was owned by a disciplined Muslim.


City gate

Just outside of Bundi I stop at this beautiful park and lake.

There is almost no traffic when I drive through the City Gate, heading towards Jaipur, the pink city, capital of the state of Rajasthan.

Here ends the fairy tale 'Bundi'


AUM

Bjarne

Ingen kommentarer: